Custom Search
"Eph Only": Practicality (Call Center thing?)

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Practicality (Call Center thing?)

One actually has a number of career options to choose from depending on his field/forte. But generally, graduates of this generation consider "practicality" as the top factor for pursuing a certain job(this particular job actually pertains to the very popular: call center agent). This factor would keep some fresh grads from practicing the course they took in college..which is impractical in a certain angle and not-so-logical in my very humble opinion.

I have nothing against with this "practicality" thing most people answer when they're asked bout the reason why they took a job, which is damn far from what they finished in college. Maybe they have reasons like..the job offers high salary, nice environment..what else? Well, whatever! those are their reasons..and there's nothing I can do about these things.

To tell you the truth, working as a call center agent is at the bottom of my career options list. Once again, I have nothing against the job. Actually my bro works in PLDT Parlance as an agent..he helps my parents..the whole family! and he finished Mass comm in college so I don't see anything wrong about it. I guess it's just that Im taking an engineering course in U.P. Diliman. well, just because m an eng'g stude doesn't mean m not fluent in English.that's bull! It is because it would take me 5 years to finish in the most prestigious university in the Philippines and I don't wanna waste this wonderful achievement, if ever. If I were to work in a call center, I should have done that years ago. Actually I asked my dad before if he'd allow me to work during my 3rd year summer term, but he said "no way"! well he was being super protective that time..he knew the sched was too risky for me, and he's actually right. ..Anyway, for me it's more impractical and illogical to spend five fucking years studying then you'll end up answering phone calls during the very part of the day when you should be sleeping!

Hmmm..I actually did this list of career options since I'll be graduating few months from now. And you know what, if I wouldn't feel like working in GE companies here in the Philippines..(no, Im not gonna work abroad..definitely not!)..I'll probably end up teaching either in DLSU or Mapua. and what am I gonna teach? of course, math/physics/geodesy or any of the subjects I mastered in college. WHY? for the sake of not being impractical and illogical.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home