Custom Search
"Eph Only": Chateau Orientation 101

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Chateau Orientation 101

I got my Stat 101 first long exam result last Thursday. “I was so great” – but that was according to Des. I got 66/75, or 88%, or 2nd to the highest..to make it sound better! Take note guys, it’s just an elective..meaning, I don’t allot much time for it since the rest of my subjects are majors..which means I didn’t study that much for the exam..means to say I can get a high score without exerting any effort! haha, bragging again.. [don’t get me wrong..i’m really like this “online”. How I wish I’m like this in person!..well, it’s just sort of a way to make yourself feel better(praising one’s self, that is)..after having a hard day] –explanation huh?

After going to the church with Honey, we headed straight to Chateau Verde to have some merienda. For those who aren’t familiar with this cool restau, just take the road between UP Infirmary and Shopping Center. Don’t expect for a clear sign though, you won’t get lost anyway..promise! We ordered Lasagne de Chateau and Shrimp&Mango salad..sounds weird huh? The price?it’s reasonable coz of the nice ambiance. It’s like you’re having a date in the Garden of Eden, with matching jazz music. The food wasn’t bad, wasn’t that good either! So the tip is, don’t go there if you’re looking for some mouth-watering food. If it’s the ambiance, no question about that..perfect place for a date!

We had our Applicants’ Orientation in UP GEOP last Friday. We were still undecided about the venue a day before ‘coz of our org issues in eng’g(damn that not-so-sound-proof office and that aggre alumnus.peace aggre!). The first venue we thought of was the over-rated Balay Kalinaw. They even had a separate rate for the number of chairs and tables..how the fuck is that huh? More or less, it would have cost us 1,600 for the venue alone. Fortunately, ISSI popped up in my mind! I headed there before my stat101 class to inquire bout the venue. And there, it was only 1,150 including everything we needed for the orientation!cool!

The orientation was a successful one, I should say. A lot of past members came so it was also like an alumni homecoming! Everybody was really screaming ‘coz of the exciting games and the applicants really felt that they belong to the org. The food was great: spag and ice cream(thanks novs!!) just ignore the lady bug orange juice. Haha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home